Instagram marketing is chosen by many businesses to get attention from its potential audience. Instagram is one of the most popular social sites on the Internet and no wonder it has a large audience base, especially the young audience who are well educated and are open to using new products and supporting new businesses. Running a business on Instagram might sound difficult but it isn’t that hard in reality. In my opinion, it is all about how much you know about human psychology, and with human psychology we mean, to understand what your audience would like to see, what all things will attract them, and which CTA will turn them into our customers. In short, it is really important to understand the behaviour, interest and need and deliver them to gain loyalty and profit from your audience.
Here are the steps to set up your Instagram business account:-
- Create an Instagram business account.
- If you already have a page but it is not yet business account then go through the following steps:-
Settings > Accounts > Switch to Professional Account > Business > Choose an industry.
Before starting with Instagram marketing it is highly recommended to make sure that your profile is updated and is ready to welcome visitors because when you will start doing marketing, your profile is going to be your first impression. So make it worth it! Once you have a Business account, fill up the basic requirements like Profile bio, Profile picture, contact details etc. Keep in mind that small things make a big difference! So try to provide every information on your profile page itself. Your visitors love it when you are straightforward and it takes less effort to understand and reach you.
Tips to remember while setting up your profile:-
Put the logo as your profile picture.
Mention your business and its motto in the bio.
Don’t forget to put your website link in the bio.(If you have multiple links, you can use Linktree).
Maintain your highlights and section it according to your services.
Try to build your profile according to your brand colour.
These were some of the points that most of businesses ignore but in reality, it does have a great impact. If your audience will not find it worth it, they will bounce back in a fraction of a second. But if you manage to grab their attention on that first visit then trust me they will invest their valuable time on you and will surely remember your brand and if they will not purchase in the first attempt, they will do it in the coming future(of course with the magic of marketing).
Coming onto the post and content, as we believe “Content is the key”, so yes, it is mandatory to keep up with the content and be regular with it. Read the following tips to do effective marketing on Instagram:-
- Put original content! Yes, try to take some time out to work on ideas to create original content, the audience gets bored with repeated content very easily.
- Create video content a.k.a reels. Reels have the potential to spread your content like fire in the jungle.
- DO NOT FORGET TO DO BRANDING!
- Must include CTA, and Call To Action in each post. Our audience most of the time forgets to like, and comment, so yes my friend you have to remind them and ask them to do it.
- Don’t complicate the content, keep it simple, you can also publish the content in parts.
- Use hashtags but not the banned ones. Check out the banned hashtags before using hashtags, you might unknowingly use hashtags that are banned and instagram will not push your content to its potential audience.
- Write meaningful captions related to your content, try to explain the content in your captions.
- Engage with your audience, put daily stories, give your audience insights. It will help you gain trust.
- Never leave any message or comment unattended. Always reply to your audience.
- Ask people to give reviews for your products and repost it. Your customers’ opinion matters a lot, it will encourage others to get service from you.
Instagram Insights is a built-in analytics tool that can help you understand and improve the performance of your Instagram account. Here are some ways to use it to its fullest:
- Track engagement: Monitor your likes, comments, and shares to understand how your audience is engaging with your content.
- Analyse reach: See how many people are viewing your posts and stories, and use this information to adjust your content strategy.
- Monitor follower growth: Keep an eye on your follower count and track how it changes over time.
- Understand your audience: Get insights on the demographics of your followers, including their age, gender, and location.
- Track website clicks: If you have a link in your bio, you can use Instagram Insights to see how many people are clicking through to your website.
- Measure ad performance: If you’re running Instagram ads, use Insights to track their performance and make data-driven decisions about your ad spend.
- Compare posts: Use Instagram Insights to compare the performance of different posts and identify which types of content are resonating with your audience.
- Use it in combination with other tools: Instagram Insights is a powerful tool, but it’s not the only one. Combine insights with other analytics tools such as Google Analytics to get a more complete picture of how your account is performing.
To sum up, Instagram marketing is a great boon for businesses and if used wisely then can give amazing results to businesses. You can get great business and great clients from there if you will just focus on the above-mentioned things and manage to stay consistent to them. Instagram Marketing is not hard, it is just supposed to be done smartly and you have to be passionate about your work and people will automatically come to you and value your product.